NERO VS ROXIO - Drag & Drop CD-R

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

officework13

I have Roxio on my computer and i have always used it to drag-and-drop files using Windows Explorer. I could do this using all types of CDs, such as CD-R & CD-RW.
However, i have recently installed NERO 6.6 Ultra, and this is the first time that I ever ever used Nero and I am unable to format CD-R CDs as I was able to with Roxio. Also, I am unable to drag-and-drop files using Windows Explorer. I am not sure but I think NERO only lets you drag-and-drop files with the CD-RW.

I would like to leave Roxio on my computer. So that I can drag-and-drop files to a CD-R disc. However, when I try to install NERO INCD, it told me that I must first uninstall Roxio.

my questions today are.
1. Is there a way to work around uninstalling Roxio, so that I can have both in CD and Roxio on my system.
2. Is there a way to use a NERO that would allow me to drag-and-drop to CD-R using Windows Explorer.

I have found that Nero and Roxio won't co-exist on the same computer. I have used both, and much prefer Nero. But that's just me...............
Good luck!

Correct Nero and Roxio do not play well at all. You must remove all instances of the Roxio startup including the files in your registry, Then install Nero then remove all the startup commands you must use one or the otherbut never both at the same time. Like emoxley I prefer Nero.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online