1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NERO won't stop burning/please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by naeem2, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. naeem2

naeem2 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have burned with Nero before, with no problems. Now it will not stop burning. It finishes the compilation and I see the time it finished...such as 10:24 and then immediately 10:24 appears again saying burning has started and it starts burning again. I have tried to "close" or "cancel" as I soon as I see
    "compilation finished", but the new burning process beats me to it. I have tried it several times...now on disc number 6 trying to burn one song. It is set for ONE copy and I have tried both "multisession" and "non multisession"(not sure what that is any way, but I figured non multi meant ONE burn process).

Thanks for help...
    Nick Gill

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'd start by uninstalling Nero, rebooting and install again. If that doesn't work, try a different brand of burning software. It sounds like something got hosed, hard to say what without more info...

3. naeem2

naeem2 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I was just looking for one of my old threads on Nero to locate your e-mail. Any way, I did un-install and have re-installed. I'll not be able to try it, though, until after work.
    What other programs are there and how do I get them? www.downloads.com? Nero is fairly easy to use for "dummy's" like me. Are the others straight forward as well? do they all convert to "wave"?
    thanks

4. naeem2

naeem2 Thread Starter

my NERO is working properly now after the re-installation. Thanks for your help.

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I had nothing but problems with Nero myself. I switched to Roxio EasyCD Creator. I have had nothing but success with it. If you look at my signature you will see that I have a fairly far gone outdated system too. I would stay away from any bundled version of any of the software though. They are very limited in their functionality. Also if you buy a full copy of the software it will not limit you to using it only on the burner it was supplied with. One thing with Roxio though, you may need to download the update to use it with WinXP. I did with my version, I use Version 5 platinum. I have changed burners 3 times for speed and malfunction reasons and it has worked well with all three different brands I have used.

6. naeem2

naeem2 Thread Starter

dustyjay: what speed and malfunction problems did you have with burners? Mine is 24x10x40x(not too good)

7. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    My first burner was a 8X4X16, THat was the worst. though when I bought it, it was one of the fastest on the market. It even had a 2 meg buffer but was pre-Buffer underrun. Replaced that with a 12X8X32 Philips. That was relaced because it didnt work anymore when my 1 year old oured water in her daddy's computer. My CDRW and CDrom were the only casualties of that mis hap. Now when the computer is unattended it is turned off. My present is an LG (Philips again) 24X10X40. Not the fastest anymore but it works flawlessly. Except as I said I can't get it to work correctly Nero. So I stick with ECDCreator Platinum and have no preblems at all. I am planning to put in a second burner to replace the original CDrom. Over Kill maybe as far as burners are concerned.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice