1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nero....

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Majestic_4u, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Majestic_4u

Majestic_4u Thread Starter

Hi there me again.... Does anyone know anything about Nero the burning software. I have tried several times to burn a cd but to no avail. I was told that mp3 files are actually data files so should I be burning in data or audio? I can't believe the trouble that I am having..... Hope there is a symathetic ear out there that could walk me through the settings...

Thanks in advance.

Majestic

2. slipe

slipe

You can burn MP3 files either as audio or data.

If you burn them as data you can get a hundred or so on a CD but they can only be played on the computer or on a dedicated MP3 player that takes CDs. All you are doing is copying the MP3 files. You can close the session but leave the disc open for more sessions if you don’t fill it up.

If you record them as audio, newer versions of Nero will transform to the CDA wave format on audio CDs. You can fit only ten or so on the CD but they will play in any entertainment player. You have to close the disc so it can be played. You can’t use multiple sessions as a CD player will see only the first one.

Nero has a simplified quick start manual you can download. Right click on the English link and “save target as” to your computer. It has simplified instructions for burning either audio or data CDs. http://www.nero.com/en/download.htm

3. Majestic_4u

Hi Slipe.
    Thanks for a quick reply... I am having nothing but trouble.
    That was the problem before but now I can't get my cd roms to even work the burner as well as the regular both give me errors that they are un accessabe.... I am giving up...
    but thanks for your help

Majestic

4. slipe

slipe

Are you sure that the master/slave jumpers are set correctly?

If you are sure the jumpers are right, remove both drives in device manager and reboot. Any yellow exclamation marks in device manager?

5. Majestic_4u

Again thanks for the quick response... Now what is a master slave driver??? and not only what is that but I have ni clue as to where I would even begin to look..
    You don't realize who your dealing with here , I am no where near what you would call computer literate.
    I mean I can play games on yahoo orat least I use to till that screwsd up . Now I can get to the list of rooms but thats it. If I click on a room all I get is a blank page and that also happens with any links that I try to get to. So if you have a possible solution to that I would be greatful.

Thanks

Majestic

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice