1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nested Countif query in Excel

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by zantelover, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zantelover

zantelover Thread Starter

I wonder if someone can enlighten me on the following expression ?

I am attaching a screenshot to show a simplification of the application.

Attached Files:

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    the countif is counting the number of cells that in the range A1 to A10 greater than zero

The IF is looking to see if the count of the range A1 to A10 is equal to 10 and if it is to return the the text "true" if not to return the text false

if the inverted comma where left off the true and false - then it would display true and false that could be logically tested as it is its text

Its true if all rows between A1 and A10 are populated greater than 0

does that help

3. zantelover

zantelover Thread Starter

Sorry , no ! What is there is actually correct and goes to show what happens when you try to simplify a more difficult problem ............ you confuse even yourself !

Sorry again but thanks for your time !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice