net-broadcast event window 2.0.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kwatts

Every time I shut down the computer I get this and I click end now. Then the computer re-boots. Why does this keep
coming up? Is there anything I can do to eliminate it.

This is my first post...Hi to everyone....:)

kwatts

It is still 'end now" when shutting down computer. Clean boot did not work and I tried everything else it said to do. Now what
can I do?

Karen...OK I understand what you mean now.

Before you had the rebooting problem, were you already getting the End Now dialogs when you shut the computer down? Or did the problems begin near on or the same date in time?

How long have you had the rebooting problem?

Can you put the computer in Stand by?

At least you are not on the outside trying to get into your PC...

kwatts

End now dialogs, I had several for about 60 days. Now I only have 3 left. Net-broadcast even window 2.0.0, dsagnt.exe, and shellcon hidden window. I am still trying to fix these.

I don't know if I can do stand by or not.

Thank you,

Karen

I don't think stand by would be affected by those pop ups. Auto stand by is very difficult to manage...see here:

http://fivepercent.us/2008/08/15/windows-xp-standby-and-hibernate-problem-update-82008/

An entire blog devoted to solving the mysterious auto stand by issue.

One way to troubleshoot the End Now dialogs might be to Google the services being shut down and find out which program(s) rely on them. When I shut down, if I have a browser open, I will get the End Now dialog. Also, I use Office Outlook 2007, and it closes this same way. Basically anything open on the task bar will do the same. My backup software does it sometimes for some reason, too.

Just a quick run down of these processes on your machine that are ending with the End Now dialog:

1. Net Broadcast Event Window 2.0-This one would make me a little suspicious, because the Net Broadcast service gathers in logs information (it's a Windows process) on how you use your PC. It's the "Viewer" that gathers the info, and I'm not sure what the "Window" is, but I would consider taking this to the malware board to make sure noone is remotely gathering data ("watching your PC") from the usage logs on your PC using the event viewer. Link to info: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...roddocs/en-us/event_overview_01.mspx?mfr=true
2. dsagent.exe-This is a dell service feature on your laptop. You may do well to Google info on what the service does and on whether you should shut it down: http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/dsagnt/25778/
3. Shell Icon Hidden Window-This sounds promising: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/36140-45-shell-icon-hidden-window

Anything unusual when it comes to data or the internet on my PC makes me suspicious, so I would want to know about Net Broadcast Event Window 2.0. The reboot problem obviously could be being caused by this process, too. If you go to the Malware board, a good title for you post might be "XP Laptop PC Reboots After End Now Dialog(s)-Malware?".

Hope it's nothing serious. I don't know enough about malware to help you, but I don't get an "End Now" on my XP machine with that program (NBEW 2.0), so that makes me a little bit suspicious

Anyway, hope you can get some help for this quickly!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online