1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Net Control trojan in complete control

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by shrimpman, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrimpman

shrimpman Thread Starter

Help! I have a Windows XP computer that has been infected by the Net Control trojan and it is blocking my every move to remove it. Upon boot up I get a System Restore window notifcation that says "Remote administrator Adam1 has changed some Windows OS system files. Checking will will take several minutes. Do not turn off computer - it can lead to a crash. Current scan: C:Windows\System32\zipfldr.dll . Then it it gives a list of system files restored. They are all System32 files with names like acledit.dll, aclui.dll B57exp.cpl, etc. This happens even if I boot in Safe Mode. Once Windows starts, I usually have 2 or 3 minutes before a Network Control popup window appears with the Windows Security Center Shield Logo: Remote Login Request. Don't allow access unless you clearly understand what you are doing. Your computer received a remote login request by user Adam1 from the IP 88.242.162.244. There are two buttons: Deny access or Allow access. I am unable to close the window without responding to either button. Denying access results in a message: "Error found, Cannot perform the requested operation. Your license for Network Control has expired. There is a Renew button. If I don't do anything the window times out and freezes the computer. In fact any attempt to get out of this thing freezes the computer.

I have tried deleting registry entries following manual removal instructions I found on the internet. These reappear when I reboot. I cannot unregister the .dll files associated with Network Control. System Restore appears to be disabled by the programs. If I try to disable services in task manager it blocks access. I have also tried to run setup off a Windows XP installation disk to re-install windows, and I can't get it to run. Help!!!!

Shrimpman

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/941521

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice