1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

net coonnection with static ip

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mujahid, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mujahid

mujahid Banned Thread Starter

anybdy can tell me with the static public ip add how we are abe to connect with internet whereever we move .my boss is using static ip address. wherever he goes he is able to access internet. how?

2. jmwills

jmwills

What is the question? Your static IP Address is only good for the location it was assigned to, like your office.

3. mujahid

mujahid Banned Thread Starter

that's ok
    'coz everystatic ip address that we get to connect the we need to use the same subnet default gateway.this is unbelievable that all the ips from different location'll use same subnet.
    can u tell me one more thing
    my brother is a doctor one day he asked me that their patient is comming to the hospital and surfing the net chatting etc etc
    how?
    but in the hospital I know there is no free mail facility

is there any option that we can connect to the internet with our notebook regardless of location ?

4. jmwills

jmwills

Most cellaular phone companies offfer this service.

If you do research on the subject of IP Addressing, you will see that they have to be in the same subnet, for the ones you are getting.

You are actually getting private addresses from your ISP that are being sent thru a router since there are not enough addresses at this point.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!