1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

.Net Framework 3.5 Issues

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by smykellp, Jul 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smykellp

smykellp Thread Starter

Just yesterday I got a new hard drive and Windows installed on my computer after my last one got pretty messed up. In getting it back I was setting things up and downloading my games from Steam and tried to start one up when it was done. Immediately I was told to download .Net Framework 3.5. I tried but it kept giving me error messages. Error 0x800f0906 and 0x800f081f.
    I looked into ways to help but nothing has worked. I kept getting referred to this page and this one. None of them worked. I spent hours trying to figure out what's going on but nothing is working.
    I have Windows 8.1

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

There's a way to do this using the original disc and the command line, but it's somewhat convoluted. Do you have an original Win 8.1 DVD? If so, you can use this or else download an ISO of the OS from here.

If you use the ISO, you will have to mount it. To do this, open File Explorer, navigate to where you saved the ISO, right-click on it and then choose Mount. Make note of the drive letter assigned to it after the mount.

Next, open the Command Prompt as administrator and enter the following command: DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:X:\sources\sxs

Replace X with the drive letter you noted earlier, or from the drive letter of your DVD drive containing the Win 8.1 disc, and then hit the Enter key on the command. This will install .NET Framework 3.5 from the ISO and you should be good to go.

3. smykellp

smykellp Thread Starter

I sadly don't have the dvd. I took it into Best Buy and they did it and I didn't get one. And I got the computer originally from a friend but she didn't have it either.

4. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Okay, and that's why I also included a link to download the Win 8.1 ISO.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230460

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice