1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

.net framework???

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Kerri Ann, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann Thread Starter

what is .net framework? i went to the windows update site, and it shows this as an update i can choose, but i don't want to install something i don't need.......

2. Sponsor

3. brindle

brindle

has something to do with programming. Take a look at this.

4. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann Thread Starter

yeah, thats the page ive been looking at.
    i don't know much about programming, so do i need it, or will it help me as a windows user?

5. brindle

brindle

you don't need it

6. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

.Net Framework is needed to run programs that are designed around it. You don't need it unless you are trying to run an app that requires it. You will probably need it eventually if you don't know.

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

.NET is required to run any program written for it. Many new programs written in .NET Visual Basic, for example, need it to run.

But it is a very large download. If you have the bandwidth, go ahead and get it to save yourself problems with newer software.

If you are on dialup or just don't want to download such a large thing, much of the software I have bought recently that won't run without .NET includes an installation of it on the CD.

8. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann Thread Starter

tyank you, you were all very helpful.

9. brindle

brindle

I guess I need to get up to speed on some of the new software. Thanks for the info.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/158283