1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

net nanny

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bob333, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob333

bob333 Thread Starter

I recently installed net nanny 4 on my computer, and now i really regret it. I have tried to uninstall it but i cannot. Everytime i try to run the net nanny uninstall program, it instead runs the install program and does not give any options at any time to do otherwise. I have tried add/remove programs in XP and i get an error that says "cannot delete ChatScripts:may be in use by another program" So i close all programs and reboot and i get the same error. I have also tried sending it to the recycle-bin and hard deleting it but that does not work either. I have even tried re-installing it to see it it would replace the apparently corrupted uninstall file but it still does not work.
    Any help would be great,
    Thank you , bob

2. Slick Nick

Slick Nick

Whenever I have a problem uninstalling a program for whatever reason, I first manually delete the program folder. Then I go into the Windows Registry to hunt for and delete all references to the program. In my opinion, this is more thorough than uninstalling because most uninstall programs leave behind the program folder and the Registry keys which point to the program. Hope this helps. Cheers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165506

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice