1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.5485 Fatal Execution Engine

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by compulost, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. compulost

compulost Thread Starter

Error (793DFB1E) (8013105) . My windows 7 computer runs Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Client Profile Basic Version 1.0.0.18. It also runs Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1. I have one program that relies on the Net Framework 2 software and it has worked for 3 years. I'm not sure what occurred but it no longer opens and I get the Net Runtime version 2.0.50727.5485 Fatal Execution Engine Error (793DFB1E)(8013105). Unfortunately it is my accounting program that requires this and I have tried for the last 24 days to fix the problem, reimaged, downloaded net fix, tried any other fix I could find, tried to open in safe mode - etc etc, aboslutle nothing has worked. I am slowly messing up the working parts of my computer trying to solve this problem and at this point am really hoping that someone has and idea what might be done to allow the program to work. The program that doesn't work is SliQ Invoicing and they have determined their program is fine, and windows is the culprit.

2. Sponsor

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Go into the services list and change the "Startup Type" in these 4 entries to Automatic (Delayed Start), then start them.

Capture.JPG

See if that helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, version 4.6.1 is outdated and should be updated to version 4.6.2.

4. compulost

compulost Thread Starter

Thank you - I did try and NET 2 turned off almost immediately and gave me this message
    upload_2017-2-9_13-35-6.png
    Thank you also for the note about the update - I'll see if I can find out how to update that. Don't know who you are, but I appreciate you idea - if you have any more insight I sure would love to hear it! Thanks again!!

5. flavallee

You can download the full installer file of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 from HERE.
    Download and save it, then close all open windows, then install it.
    It'll automatically overwrite and replace version 4.6.1.

I don't really know what else to advise you about versions 1 and 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------

6. compulost

compulost Thread Starter

Thank you! I will do exactly that.. thank you for taking the time to help - this is a real head banger of a problem!

7. flavallee

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (which also contains version 2.0. SP2 and 3.0 SP2) comes as part of Windows 7.
    I was going to suggest downloading and saving and reinstalling its full installer file, but it looks like it'll only install in Windows XP and Windows Vista.

8. compulost

compulost Thread Starter

Thoughtful - I tried to download 2.0 SP2 and it said it wouldn't load on vista - which confused me no end... this is really the strangest group of issues, I've ever encountered. Somewhere along the line I also managed to create a a Class not registered error when I try to make changes to the exceptions in my Microsoft Securities Essentials program, or even to turn it off... it just refused to do anything different - downloadedthe fix for that, but of course nothing worked, it's still doing that. I think by the time I get this fixed I will have manged the remainder of my windows program - making me a little paranoid... Thank you again for your thought on this...

9. compulost

compulost Thread Starter

Hi Again. Do you think any of this might shed some light on the issue? I'm not technical enough to know what to do with the information. (am hoping you can extract and enlarge this):)
    upload_2017-2-9_22-3-12.png

10. flavallee

None of my Windows 7 computers has a .NET Runtime Optimization Service entry in the services list.

I don't remember seeing that service entry, except in Windows XP and Windows Vista after installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and 4.0.

--------------------------------------------------------------

11. compulost

compulost Thread Starter

Wow - that's interesting - appreciate the help, will see if I can do something with that information. thanks for the help!!

12. plodr

plodr Liz

13. compulost

compulost Thread Starter

:) Thank you for the link. I have only the two vrsions I have mentioned earlier and have not been able to replace the Version 2 one at all. Will check out this new link-maybe it will make all that possible - am also checking out the earlier info you sent. Very much appreciated!!

14. plodr

plodr Liz

So .NET 2 and .NET 4.6.1.

Since Windows 7 came with .NET 3.5
    Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/as...mework-is-included-in-what-version-of-the-os/

I'm not sure how you managed to remove or at least have it not show.

Perhaps if you do sfc /scannow
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...l-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files
    it will put back the protected system files that seem to be missing.

Note, even if you install .NET 4, it does not remove .NET 3.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185090