Netbook touchpad will not scroll and won't update driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AsusTP200S

Netbook: ASUS TP200S Flipbook approx 4 yrs old

Suddenly the touchpad will not 2 finger scroll.

Sometimes the touchpad shows up in the hidden icon area, and sometimes it doesn't. When it does show up and I adjust the settings to include 2 finger scroll and then hit 'apply changes' the changes do not take.

When I try to update the driver on the ASUS site, it tells me there is another version which needs to first be uninstalled .. but then it cannot locate it to uninstall :rolleyes:

What do I need to do to get this puppy operational again? -- Appreciate the help!

AsusTP200S

oh dear.. I don't know how to do that with the keyboard and do not have a mouse (I'm female btw and while I know a bit about technology I am by far no expert). Can someone do a remote access on that laptop and go through the process for me? I guess it's a good thing that whenever I tried to uninstall the driver for the touchpad it couldn't find it..

Last edited:

AsusTP200S

hi there, thanks for your help.

yes I have another little notebook which is on WIFI, what do I do now?

I have downloaded the zip for that driver to my ASUS.

OK, have your driver saved both computers..

There are additional mouse drivers on link I gave you:
https://www.asus.com/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS_Transformer_Book_Flip_TP200SA/HelpDesk_Download/

Under "Touchpad" section click "Show All", download all 3 of them, and install them all if possible.
restart computer and see if that works.

If not working then:
1. Press Windows key
2. start typing: devmgmt.msc
3. Right click on devmgmt.msc and run as Administrator
4. Locate your trouble mouse in device manger and double click it to open properties
5. Click on "Driver" tab then "Roll back Driver" button
Install all 3 downloaded drivers if possible

If "Roll back Driver" button is grayed out then
1. click "Uninstall device" button
2. If there is checkbox that says "Delete this driver software..." check it and click OK
Install all 3 downloaded driver if possible

If you're unable to use mouse:
1. Press Windows key + I
2. Use TAB key and Arrow keys to navigate to "Updates & Security"
3. do the same to navigate to "Update" button and run updates.

if not working restart computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts