netbooks are dead.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gomar

Gomar
netbooks are dead.

http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...the_400_former.html?google_editors_picks=true

Too bad. I dont need to lug around a 15.6" laptop with a DVD which I dont use.
For travel, lite and small size, netbooks were good. I do not need a fast CPU nor 4gb
of RAM when site-seeing in LA, Vegas, Hawaii, etc. 1GB, 250gb, 10.1" was good enough.

But, now, it's back to figuring out how to safely store and secure my laptop in the motel/hotel
when I am out.

“We don't know how to make a $500 computer that's not a piece of junk. Our DNA will not let us do that.”
Nope, instead they charge $1000 or more for an average laptop / PC running a very pretty GUI that hides its underlying Unix completely...

And I would have to say, I would rather have a MS Surface Pro with the keyboard than a netbook, by far.

Tanis

Shane
For me, one line in that article says that the site are either delusional or Apple 'fanboys'.

slate.com said:
the cheap but capable iPad
Please, nothing Apple produces is 'cheap', it is infact quite expensive for what it is!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online