1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NetBT error ID 4311

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by morog, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. morog

morog Thread Starter

In order to fix Event Viewer /System NetBT error ID: 4311 found on the Net this can be done by Uninstall and Install again TCP/IP in Network Connections/Dial-Up/Properties/Networking.
    Found that “Uninstall” baton of TCP/IP in my PC is grayed- not active as “Install” baton

What I am wondering is how to make “Uninstall” baton of TCP/IP to be active , not grayed as is now.
    If any one use Dial-Up –Modem 56k Internet Connection , please let me know when open “Networking”, how “Uninstall” baton looks like- grayed or active.
    Removed Dial-Up Internet Connection from my PC, rebooted, but NetBT error 4311 remain,
    Created new Internet Connection, but error 4311 - no change

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

3. morog

morog Thread Starter

I have not Adapters key and sub-keys NdisWan in my Registry, can not apply the tip.
    Thanks for assistance.

4. cgesicki

cgesicki

5. morog

morog Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for usefull link m'8.
    Dloaded the tool to uninstall TCP/IP but decided to don't try it because the changes can not be undone.
    There is a risk to demage my Internet Connection, maybe is better to live it es it is if I can not obtain proper Hotfix mentioned in Microsoft KB 833747 for 32 byt x86 PC.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!