Netflix and others won't open on my wifi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

My Netflix app on my PS4 has stopped working. Won't open at all. Error message ui-800-3. Same goes for Amazon and YouTube. My phone also can't use Youtube. In short, I am unable to stream any video on my wifi at home. This seems to be confined to my broadband wifi as I can use YouTube on my 4G and on other networks at work for example. However BT say there is nothing wrong with my connection. Download speed =70mbps. Can't find anything wrong. Tried resetting apps and router. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing. Same message. Won't connect to Netflix servers. Please help!

Tried all the options for PS4, PS3, smart tv, Blu Ray player and more. None of those solutions have been successful.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Did you just do a power cycle (unplug and re-plug) on the router or did you actually do a Factory Reset on it? I would recommend a Factory Reset if you haven't done so already. Please advise further...

If the factory reset is done by sticking a pin into the tiny hole marked "reset" then yes I've done that too. BT advised me to whilst on live-in with my girlfriend.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
OK, this is a simple issue then. If it works perfectly fine on the 4G and DOES NOT work on your home wifi, you have an issue with your home wifi. I would contact the ISP and demand they fix the solution as it's definitely on their side, some way or another.

That's what I was thinking. Ok that's great. Thank you very much for your very prompt assistance. Take care

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Yea. No problem. I am sorry I couldn't help more here. ISP's are "finicky" sometimes. Sometimes it's difficult to get them to fix issues. I would just be persistent and probably ask/ "politely" demand that they send someone to your home for the troubleshooting.

GOOD LUCK!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online