Netflix app signed me out on my SmartTV

DBR70

I’m not too sure where this goes. I have a 5 year old LGsmartTV with Netflix and YouTube. The 2 apps I use on it, (other than smart share USB port)
this question is about the Netflix app. Why does sign me out sometimes? Most of the time when I turn the TV off for the night and turn it back on in the morning. I’m already signed to my apps including Netflix, but it seems like once or sometimes twice a month. I’m signed out when I turn the TV back on again and I have to sign in again. Why does it do that? Sometimes it keeps me signed in, sometimes not. What causes that?

TerryNet

Terry
I moved your thread to Do It Yourself, but am also not too sure where it best fits.

I don't know any specifics, but have noticed with my Smart TV sometimes an App will update automatically and require a new sign in. I think (don't know) that sometimes an App forces a sign out just to keep things up to date. Mostly though, I think that Smart TVs even more than other devices like to do things at random just to keep us annoyed and on our toes. :D

DBR70

Thank you for not letting me be the only one who doesn’t know where this fits 😆😆👍🏽 I want to add my YouTube app on the TV never signs me out. I’m assuming different apps work differently from each other...

Oddba11

Jim
TV / app updates will sometimes clear login info.

Is this your Netflix account? The admin of the account can click a button to "log off all devices".

Otherwise, I'd simply say it's an app issue on the TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online