Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Netflix on Dell Inspiron 8200-HDMI-USB?

981 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Have an older Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop that only has USB ( No HDMIs). Has Win XP pro on it
Can I with adapter(s) cable etc. hook it up to my HDTV with only HDML connector etc.?
I did a direct connect via HTML cable from Gateway laptop to TV but want to have the Gateway available when hooked up to Netflix etc. and use the Dell lap for the Netflix to HDTV? Is this possible? I see a lot of adapters for phone(Galaxy types etc.)but none for a PC/laptop HDMI-USB adapter. Anyone have any info etc. Guess , on further investigation - it can be done with a converter box device!

#4 ·
Well, I've learned that if I assume and it is wrong, sometimes a poster gets nasty when you try to help so I've learned to wait for a further explanation before I jump in. I looked at the Dell and see it has a VGA connector for a monitor display. Here's a thread on the same issue http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/connect-vga-laptop-hdmi-tv/ It looks like you would need to buy too many items and it isn't guaranteed to work. Your laptop is analog and the tv is digital. You need to buy a converter. Does your tv have a VGA port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.