1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Netgear A7000 + USB 3.0 with google fiber 100 low speed

Discussion in 'Networking' started by RomanovS, Oct 13, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. RomanovS

RomanovS Thread Starter

Hi there,

like the title says, I have a Netgear A7000 external wifi adaptor capable of up to 1600Mbps, at least according to their website. And it is plugged into a USB 3.0 port. Yet my computer still only gets around 21Mbps download and 39Mbps upload speed while my phone—a pixel 3a—gets around 99.7 Mbps download and 100 Mbps upload. It's pathetic, does anyone know why? I have the newest version of Netgear Genie installed for A7000 and here are the specs for my computer.
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16344 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 118 GB (18 GB Free); M: 1862 GB (1105 GB Free); Y: 931 GB (249 GB Free);
    Motherboard: MSI, Z170A SLI PLUS (MS-7998)
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Do you use a 3rd party antivirus? If so, uninstall it and test. 3rd party AV are known causes of strange incompatibility problems. The reason I ask is because SysInfo detected Windows Defender is disabled.

3. RomanovS

RomanovS Thread Starter

I just uninstalled everything from my 3rd party anti-malware software and activated windows defender. No improvements seen. ;(

4. RomanovS

RomanovS Thread Starter

Welp it would f-ing seems that the second I upload something on this forum the problem would fix itself. This site just radiates good vibes and fix-yo-stuff energy that you stay on it long enough everything just eventually get itself sorted out, thanks guys!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!