Netgear DG834 router keeps rebooting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dmurfitt

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone has had this problem before. My Netgear DG834 router keeps rebooting for no reason. I have updated the firmware to the latest version and re-updated it again just to make sure. Also, I've checked all cables. Anyone come across this before or have an ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'd hazard a guess that it's probably defective. It sure shouldn't reboot itself constantly. :)

dmurfitt

(I was afraid of that).

It's just a remember my friend saying his did the same thing. I think I'll probably go Linksys if I get another one, they seem pretty solid (being made by Cisco).

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
While Cisco bought Linksys, they're not maing Cisco routers there. :)

dmurfitt

I didn't realise :) But still, I doubt Cisco would put their name on the box of a bad networking product :)

dmurfitt

Strange thing I have noticed...the other day there was a really bad thunder storm, and I'm not kidding, everytime there was thunder, the router dropped the connection and/or rebooted. Anyone ever known this happen before?

(I checked the roof, and the house wasn't hit :) )

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!