1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NETGEAR DG834Gv5

Discussion in 'Networking' started by over40plus, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. over40plus

over40plus Thread Starter

hI

Hope someone can help trying to help an elderly client (I am a support Worker) He as purchased a new laptop and having problems getting on Internet I have tried all i know (very little) the router will not even work with Ethernet cable shows all lights on router except the Internet that is red,

Do I need to reset throught the 192 etc but how can i do this when I have no access to net.

Any help I would be most grateful.

2. fel1x

fel1x

they can freeze/crash with first installation , suggest re set via the tiny reset pin hole on its side usually

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Has the modem/router been configured for connecting to the ISP? Was the router working OK before the new laptop?

4. over40plus

Sorry i am a little vague not very tech at all not sure what you mean but yes it was working with his old computer.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I must have read that differently earlier, 'cause now I realize that I don't know what it means. Are the LEDs as they should be or are they indicating a problem. If a problem, what problem?

6. over40plus

Sorry i did not make myself very clear but THE INTERNET LIGHT ON THE ROUTER STAYS RED

7. prunejuice

prunejuice

Have you tried contacting the ISP and have them test the line?

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    And that means what?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice