1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Netgear Rangemax Wireless Router, :(

Discussion in 'Networking' started by BigShow, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigShow

BigShow Thread Starter

I have a netgear rangemax wireless router, and my internet is very flakey. I can access some pages, however some pages will not allow me to view them. it is almost like i have a filter on but i have nothing in place to do so. I was wondering if anyone had any kind of dealing with this kind of router if so I have a few questions. Thanks

2. Memnoch322

Memnoch322

Does this effect all computers? or wireless computers? is the router even wireless? If it is how far away are you from the router? If its a wired computer, did this just start when you introduced the router into the picture or did you have any issues before?

3. BigShow

BigShow Thread Starter

It affects all the comuputers. I have two computers with wireless commections, 2 are hard wired. One of the hard wired computers is never used so I do not know of any real conflicts with it. However all the computers that are used on a regualr basis are booted off the network regularly. Also, there are times the computers can not visit certain websites. I have went into the router and look for any setting that could cause this problem but I can see nothing that would induce this problem. I can hard wire one computer directly to the cable modem and the internet works perfectly. Its only when the computers are on the router that issues begin. The two computers which are wireless have superb signal. Any Help?

4. BigShow

BigShow Thread Starter

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appericated, becuase I am stumped. Thanks

5. Memnoch322

Memnoch322

Cable or DSL? Ether case try lowering the MTU settings... here is a little formula to try;

1. Click on the Start button, then select the Run option.

2. In the "Open" field type in command (If you're using Windows
    2K/NT/XP use CMD instead)

3. Once the window opens, you'll need to do a special ping. It
    should be formatted:

ping [-f] [-l] [MTU value] [Enter] an e...er and its model number? also who is the ISP?

6. BigShow

BigShow Thread Starter

My Router is a Netgear RangeMax, WPN824, my isp is charter communications, they are horrible! Thanks for the help but I have messed with the MTU settings to no avail. This is a cable connection. With a cable modem is there any kind of setting that might hinder a router to work properly?

7. BigShow

BigShow Thread Starter

I have looked on the netgear website for information to resolve my issues but nothing seems to work. I even tried to return the dang router but I didnt not have the recept or upc because of a rebate. If anyone has any ideas to help it would be greatly appericated. Because I am a college student which means I do not have alot of money to waste on buying a new router. Thanks

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice