1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Netgear router works while wired, but not wireless

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pmiles3223, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmiles3223

pmiles3223 Thread Starter

I have a Netgear wgr614v6 router. Currently, I am using an AirportExpress for my macbook, printer and inspiron 1545. I want to switch to the Netgear because it has more ports and it is compatible with my Netgear gaming adapter.

So I go through the setup process (I am setting it up on the MacBook) and it works fine while connected via ethernet cable to the mac. However, when using it wireless, it shows up in the network preferences area with a green light that says connected, but web pages do not load. It looks like they are going to, but it just says loading forever. I have the WPA security enabled and the device access list disabled. I am very new to networking and even fairly new to macs. I still cannot figure out the problem here. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Can't help you much with MAC, but standard operating procedure is to get the wireless working with no security first. Then enable the WPA-PSK and try to reconnect.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/897877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice