1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NetGear Router, ZoneAlarm(free) McAfee conflicts

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by cjcat, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjcat

cjcat Thread Starter

My home computer is connected to the internet through a router then a cable modem. I have the router so I can use my laptop (wireless) too.
    I use McAfee and ZoneAlarm(free). Not long ago McAfee revamped their software and that is when the problems started. When surfing the net especially ebay your could never get the page to load, or it would do a redirect. It affected the desktop more then the laptop but does affect both. If I shutdown ZoneAlarm everything works fairly well (on both). So my question is do I really need ZoneAlarm or firewall with a Router? I'm not understanding what I'm reading when I try to figure this out for myself.
    Also I am looking for a new anti-virus because I am aggravated with McAfee's changes to their software if you have any suggestions. I still have several months left on my subscription but would like to be ready to switch.
    Thanks for any info you can provide.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/501555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice