1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Netgear RT311 gateway router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yourmajesty, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yourmajesty

yourmajesty Thread Starter

hi ya everyone! I just dug out my Netgear Gateway Router RT311. We used it when we lived in town with the DSL service. But now we are in the country and do good to get 21600 speed. We have 3 computers in different rooms, and use Wal-Mart's WM Connect for dial up internet. There are times, that two of us would like to be on the net at the same time. I was looking at the back of the Router and it has the large plug for Cat5 wire for the internet, but can it also be used for dial-up? I can't find any of my paperwork for the thing since we moved and I didn't find anything helpful on Netgear's pages.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Can't be done. It is only for Cable/DSL using ethernet. You could set up one PC with ICS and share the dial up connection.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!