1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

netgear wg111t

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rennick02, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rennick02

rennick02 Thread Starter

hi i have a netgearwg111t tenwork usb adapter for my wirless it conects to a netgear routeron anouther computer some times it will work fine for days and outher times it works for 10 mins and stops whenb it stops it says limited conectivity and i cant veiw any websites i get a firefox nhas timed out mesage.

i think it might be firewall related it says on the netgear website not to use windows firewall because the router has its own firwall so does that meen i can safly turn it off or do i need to install a firewall from netgear.
    i have also had a problem in the past were it was geting turned off when the computer went to sleep and i have changed the setings in power managment so the adapter and the usb ports never sleep or turn off. it was fine since then but now it seeems to be a similar problem.
    thje only changes i have made to my system is uninstaled zone alarm becauase it was conflicting with vista. i have aded more memory i now have 2 gig instead of 1gig and instaled a usb webcam.
    windows diagnostic says it cant fix the problem it only says try reseting the adapter it trys to do this then says windows cant fix this problem contact your isp.
    if i unplug the adapter manualy then put it back in it fixes the problem 9 times out of ten somtimes a restart is requird.

if there is any more info you need please just ask thanks for your help in advance guys and thanks for your help with problems in the past you have been of great help in the previos problems i have had.

regards
    marc

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    With all routers the NAT layer acts as a natural hardware firewall against incoming attacks. Both the specs and user guide will tell you whether your router also has a software firewall. Also using the Windows firewall will not give any problems.

3. rennick02

rennick02 Thread Starter

hi sorry i feel stupid i recently updated my software for the adapter and i instaled vista sp1 one of them or both must have changed the power saving options cause i went to check and the box was checkt to alow it to turn off and it was also checked at the adapter too.

so sorry to bother and thanks for your help anyway it now touch wood seems to be working fine
    thanks again
    regards
    marc

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702333

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice