1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

netgear wgr614

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jlfowler, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jlfowler

jlfowler Thread Starter

my router is wgr214v3 it was working ok. I downloaded the latest firmware for my router and upgraded. Now i can not log into the router or do any thing.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Not a good sign. :eek: Try a factory reset by holding the reset button down more than 10 seconds, see if that gets it's mind right. If not, you'll probably have to RMA it to Netgear.

3. jlfowler

jlfowler Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll try that.

4. jhoegl

jhoegl

Probly going to be a brick :(

One should Never upgrade firmware unless the firmware note specifically address an issue you are having.

These days Routers are horrible with firmwares due to the huge number of "version" #s per "Model" #.

Linksys is horrible in this area, Netgear is better but they sometimes dont work. DLink... I dont really like them but they do have some good routers. But then each manufacturer has good models with certian revisions and bad ones

5. jlfowler

jlfowler Thread Starter

reset didn"t help. Any ideas of any other thing I can try?

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Send it back.

7. Netpeen

Netpeen

Before sending it back, try resetting this way..
    Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds without the power cable plugged in
    And while holding the reset button, plug in the power cable and keep holding the reset button for about a minute and then release it.
    You will have a check light in the router. After resetting the check light should go OFF.
    And then check whether the computer has got any ip address from router or not.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488941