1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NETGEAR WiFi USB Adapter Issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Dev03, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dev03

Dev03 Thread Starter

hey there, so I have a NETGEAR WiFi USB Adapter, and it gives my PC WiFi obviously. So recently it just disconnected from my computer and wasn’t able to connect to the WiFi anymore, so I tried to restart the PC then the motem and that didn’t work. So I uninstalled the software for it I believe under Device Manager and now my computer will connect to the WiFi for a second and then when I go to open a program it disconnects and says I don’t have a device found. Then when I go to the Networks under device manager it doesn’t even read that the NETGEAR adapter is even there anymore. Anyone have any tips on what to do? I’m lost at this point and don’t know how to get the PC to read the adapter and reinstall the software for it

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    What model?
    What OS is running on the computer that uses this adapter?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Download and try to install the latest correct driver from Netgear's web site.

4. markj96

markj96

First, you should uninstall the wireless driver and reboot your computer.
    after rebooting your computer, you need to install the latest driver for netgear USB adpater.
    To find the correct driver, you may visit netgear's official website.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Please read the entire thread before posting. Usually there is no need to repeat the previous post.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    The OP said
    no point in telling him/her to uninstall it.

He/she also said
    That's why I asked for the model and the version of Windows so I could point the OP to the correct download link for the proper driver.

Until the OP chooses to post the model and version of Windows running, it is a waste to post things to try.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice