1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Netgear WN311T Vista driver issues

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Crusnik, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Crusnik

Crusnik Thread Starter

2. Crusnik

Crusnik Thread Starter

Wasn't getting much love on page 3, was wondering if anyone might have any ideas =)?

3. webcat

webcat

Have you found a resolution to your driver issue? I have the same problem with not being able to install the wn311t driver on Vista. The tech support teams at Netgear and Dell have no solution when the driver install fails (multiple calls to each). The techs use the same steps each time I have called and I can do it in my sleep at this point.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Right click and "explore" the driver and see if you can avoid the "autorun" or "install" and find the Vista or XP driver inside...if no setup by operating system take the ".inf" file and put in a folder somewhere in Documents or "C" drive and install driver by browsing to ".inf" file.
    It may not work as many wireless devices are one of the biggest failure issues of Vista but perseverance usually wins out in unconventional ways here.

5. Crusnik

Crusnik Thread Starter

I still have no figured out this issue =/. Netgear tech support is utterly useless. They tried having me change settings in IE to fix the problem and renewing my IP? ....

I've tried their installed. Tried x86 drives, 64bit drivers, XP x86 drivers. It just won't work =/. And the device works, the is no second guess about that. My machine is duel boot and it works flawlessly in XP.

Anyone have any more suggestions? Or has anyone found a solution to this?

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

I gave you the solution I know works as I have installed this adapter in Vista...but you need to play with what I said or simpler buy a newer adapter is all. Time is money.

7. Crusnik

Crusnik Thread Starter

Sorry I should have explained this a little better. I've tried their installers (the auto install) with no luck at all. In a folder on my desktop, I have the XP drivers, as well as the 32bit and 64bit Vista drivers. From device manager I've tried browsing to the drivers manually instead of using the auto install. Before trying each drive, I'd delete the device and all files associated with it. Each time yielded the same result shown in the screen shot above.

If I read your post incorrectly, I apologize, but I think I'd already tried what you mentioned.

8. ktvanhorne

ktvanhorne

Hey, I tried to install the WN311T driver on a Vista Ultimate machine last fall to no avail. On one tech site I visited it was noted that having more than 2 Gb of RAM caused the install to die. A problem with how Vista handles memory allotment. I removed some memory, down to 2 Gb, and it installed. It still didn't work well, until I used windows update and installed the Marvell Rangemax driver (5/5/08).

I hope this helps. Now that SP1 is out for Vista, memory handling is supposed to be one of the fixes, so I am hoping to be able to add my memory back.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice