1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Netgear WNR2000 Router behind Netopia 2241N Configuration

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Noobody, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Noobody

Noobody Thread Starter

Our ISP provided a DSL modem/router (Netopia) that I connected to the Netgear wireless router with dd-wrt flashed. All I've done so far is connected the two. I have a connection, but I want to know if it's possible or advisable to configure everything from the Netgear router. But following the instructions herehttp://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point, it seems I have to configure DNS and such using the Netopia router. I don't have a full grasp on how to use them together the correct way - like using the Netopia as an ethernet bridge. Thank you,

Brandon

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    is the Netopia a wireless router ? i guess no, otherwise no point in using the netgear

do device connect to the netgear wireless and to the internet OK

can you explain further what is not working OR what you would like to achieve

3. Noobody

Noobody Thread Starter

Nope, the Netopia isn't wireless. It connects to the DSL and has an ethernet cable connecting it to the Netgear. The Netgear then has an ethernet cable connected to the desktop PC. The wireless connection was working perfectly until yesterday, but that's a separate issue I'll have to troubleshoot.

I just want to know if I can control DNS and DCHP and all other network settings through the Netgear instead of the Netopia, using the Netopia as just a gateway or bridge - whatever the right term is.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  5. Noobody

Noobody Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your assistance. Looks like I was complicating things.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1054557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice