1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Netgear WNR2000v3 Windows 7 Home

Discussion in 'Networking' started by parabolic99, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. parabolic99

parabolic99 Thread Starter

I looked at a couple of similar posts but there wasn't a resolution on either.

Basically, I have 2 wireless systems that connect through the router, plus a wired desktop. Wired desktop has not problem and the first laptop is a Windows XP system that works just fine through to the Internet. The 2nd wireless system is a Windows 7 Home system that connects and is given an IP address by the router, but I am not able to ping the router address nor can I get to the internet. The router log file shows the DHCP giving out the address to this wireless system. It appears the blocks are intermittent because I do see some activity, but that is unconfirmed. I tried turning off the firewall on the wireless system but that had no effect. The router is also setup with the WPA2 AES encryption, which I adjusted to also accept WPA TKIP. My latest was to turn on the Guest Network and attach that way, but I get the same problem.

ipconfig /all shows an IP address of 192.168.1.6 with a Default Gateway and DNS address of 192.168.1.1

Suggestions?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

What wireless adapter?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1004812