NetgearD834G cant see other PCs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ChazUK

NetgearD834G
I cant see other PCs have one with wire and one wireless but cant see each other, how do i set it up so we can shear files and printers
Chaz

Couriant

James
That doesn't make sense. Can you reliterate the problem please?

One thing to check is to make sure the IP address is on the same network

ChazUK

I have a Netgear router to that I have my pc hard wired with a cable I also have a PC connected to the router with wireless.
Both can connect to the Internet fine BUT nether PC can see the other PC for file sharing or printer sharing.
Hope you understand what I am trying to say
Thanks
Chaz

Couriant

James
OK, again, make sure that both machines are on the same network. Then make sure they are on the same workgroup.

To file/folder share, you will need to right click on the file/folder and click sharing.

Just because you are connected on a router doesn't mean you can connect for file sharing. It needs to be enabled at file/folder level. Also if yo have firewalls on, that might block access too.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online