Netlogon service

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wtp763

I have a DHCP domain and some of my PC's are unable to logon to the domain I receive netlogon service not running. I go into service and try to manually start the service and I get an error -- "the dependancy service or group failed to start."

If the machines are unable to get an IP address from the DHCP server, the netlogon service will not start. Check the TCP/IP properties on the client machines and make sure they are setup for DHCP. Also, try doing ipconfig /release & renew.

Greetings

While I agree that the likeliest reason for this error is a failure to get an IP, if you could look in your event viewer, and see what number is assigned to the error message when the netlogon service fails, it would go a long way to helping us correctly troubleshoot this problem. We can then go to Technet and see what could be causing either the netlogon service to fail, or why you are not able to get an IP address...

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased :) )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online