1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

netmagic

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rlauckhardt, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rlauckhardt

rlauckhardt Thread Starter

I have three computers on my home network. After changing my router and DSL modum The program Network magic on one computer (running XP) would not load. I tried to remove it and reload it. It can now not be found on the computer. But when I try to reload it it states "latest version already installed. I did regedit and removoed all reference to netmagic and pure magic, but still can't reload it

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Windows has all the tools you need for networking. There is no need to complicate the issue with other programs.

After removing keys from the registry, it is likely that you cannot now ever remove the program since a large number of registry entries remain. The only possibility is to use System Restore in the hopes of getting a copy of an undamaged registry. When a program will not install, reinstalling is usually the best way to fix the uninstaller.

3. rlauckhardt

rlauckhardt Thread Starter

I was afraid of that. Two supposed experts had me remove the registry. But I still can not re install the program. I've got printer sharing so I guess that all I need anyway. You can close the tread

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029684

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice