1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Netmeeting 3.01 help needed...

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mcseguy9, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mcseguy9

mcseguy9 Thread Starter

I hope I'm in the right forum for this question. I work for a company that would like to look into the possibility of using Windows 2000's built in NetMeeting program for a little bit of end user support. We in the I.S. department have just installed it and are trying a few things with it. My question is relating to Internet Directory Servers and ILS's. I'm wondering if we should setup our own ILS on our Intranet, and if so, how do we do that? Any links to good web sites would be great, also any personal experience. I think setting up our own would be a good idea. As I understand it, using MS's Internet Directory requires the use of MSN Messenger. Does it also mean you have to have a hotmail address? This is part of my confusion. Again, any help would be great. Thanks.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Why would you want to use netmeeting? Because it's free? If you want a remote desktop and conferencing application there are lots out there that are more robust and easier to use.

3. mcseguy9

mcseguy9 Thread Starter

Rockn, if you know of better, free software that can do the same thing as netmeeting and that is as easy to deploy over a complete Win2000 network I'd like to know.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Do you just want the conferencing features or remote desktop stuff too? Forgot to ask what an ILS was too

5. mcseguy9

mcseguy9 Thread Starter

basically, i want everything netmeeting offers. i guess the video conferencing isn't as necessary, but the chatting and whiteboard and remote stuff is necessary, as well as program sharing.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63888

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice