1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NetScape 6.2.1

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by RonB21, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RonB21

RonB21 Thread Starter

I have tried to get Netscape to work with WebMail but have been unable to. I have read several articles about it but still getting Login Failed. Have IM installed on Netscape.

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

3. hewee

hewee

4. khaje

khaje

Considering that to change the pop3 server in NS 6 you have to recreate the whole account I suggest avoiding using NS 6 as email client at all costs. I am still recommending NS 4.7 to those who want to use netscape to users of the ISP I work for.

Khaje

5. Cherokee

Cherokee

I agree wholeheartedly with khaje. Netscape 6 mail is definitely not ready for prime time. This has been discussed repeatedly in the Netscape 6 Newsgroups.

Some people have no problems, others are plagued with multiple problems and wind up losing their Mail.

Best possible scenario, if you want to experiment with 6.2.1, download the Stand Alone version (no mail) here:
    http://sillydog.org/narchive/sd701.html

Keep your 4.7x for Mail!

Cherokee :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice