NetScape 6.2.1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RonB21

I have tried to get Netscape to work with WebMail but have been unable to. I have read several articles about it but still getting Login Failed. Have IM installed on Netscape.

Considering that to change the pop3 server in NS 6 you have to recreate the whole account I suggest avoiding using NS 6 as email client at all costs. I am still recommending NS 4.7 to those who want to use netscape to users of the ISP I work for.

Khaje

I agree wholeheartedly with khaje. Netscape 6 mail is definitely not ready for prime time. This has been discussed repeatedly in the Netscape 6 Newsgroups.

Some people have no problems, others are plagued with multiple problems and wind up losing their Mail.

Best possible scenario, if you want to experiment with 6.2.1, download the Stand Alone version (no mail) here:
http://sillydog.org/narchive/sd701.html

Keep your 4.7x for Mail!

Cherokee :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts