1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

netscape and IE

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Baktash, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Baktash

Baktash Thread Starter

Is there any major difference between netscape navigator and internet explorer?

If yes which one is better?

2. Del

Del

Many people feel that netscape messanger for email is more secure and less apt to get an email virus, Outlook Express is said to have more holes in it.
    I use both IE and Netscape Navigator to browse.
    I use Netscape Messanger at work for email and Outlook Express at home.
    My personal preference is Internet Explorer and Outlook Express and I use a good anti virus program and keep it updated.
    It's really a personal choice.

3. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

MSIE uses AnalogX files, which I feel are more vuneralble. I use NS (JAVA disabled) to view sites I am unsure of. And transfer URL or enable JAVA if I trust it.

John

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

For e-mail, nothing can beat Outlook Express so far. Features and ease of use - OE scores over all free e-mail clients available.

For browsing, I switched over to Netscape 7 from Internet Explorer 6 since last few months.

I am very happy with Netscape 7. Tabbed browsing is just too convenient. Netscape 6 was a disaster, but 7 is quite good. As of now, NS7 has all that IE6 has, but it also has some things more. May be IE will also come up with tabbed browsing in IE 7 :rolleyes:

As for security, I feel I can rely on Norton or AVG to keep me safe and secure from malicious codes.

5. bassetman

So NS 7 doesn't take 1/2 hour to load and then eat all the resources? ;)

John

6. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

No buddy NS7 is no longer that bad. Keep the quick launch on and it will load very fast. It also works very well on my 3 year old machine. That machine is P III 550 MHz with 128MB RAM on Win98SE.

7. Del

Del

Like they say, "whatever floats your boat"
    If you like it, it's fine.

8. bassetman

Thanks, my machine is also 3 (+) years old. I do have 512 MB RAM, but I tend to run a lot of stuff at once when working on a web page.

John

9. Del

Del

I run lots at the same time also. And if you're working on a webpage all the better to have both IE and Netscape so you can see how the page will display in both.

10. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Del said...

Well, that way may be that is why my older machine runs programs quie well. I don't have much running in the background and that is how I personally prefer it.

11. seabeemcb1

seabeemcb1

having relied on this browser since it's inception,I find no reason to change. Sure we
    have plus's and minus's but even so they tend to balance out. my latest was agreement
    to try ns7. well fouled conn. prop. for 4.79 and have to access by bypass proxy. would
    like to correct situation but so far no luck.compaq.5002us,win me,netscape,ie,various
    microsoft programs,512meg mem,800meg amd , reply please to situation?

12. Del

Del

Personal preferences, my man.
    At work I normally have 6 to 12 windows running at the same time, need them to do my job and never have trouble with it.
    At home, working on a web site, usually have Netscape open, IE twice, photoshop, and another window or two depending on what I'm using to build the page.

13. seabeemcb1

seabeemcb1

the proxy host which is 127.0.0.1.8080, how did it arrive. And what has happened to it. if it comes
    from netscape okay,if not who? How may I resolve this issue?

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice