1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

netscape communicator 4.78 browser

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by weebit, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. weebit

weebit Thread Starter

Hi..I 'm having a problem I noticed in the preferences(in netscape communicator ) I had no navigator so I downloaded the netscape communicator again and now I can't get my mail and when I open the communicator nothing happens it just makes a sound(like the defragging makes)can anyone help?I still have the netscape navigator also so I tried to get my mail in there and I can receive the mail but I cannot send..Thank you for your help
    Tina
    please write to [email protected]

I have a dial-up connection a local internet service
    I mainly use netscape communicator but I have internet explorer and the naigator still on my desktop..Or is there a better browser I should be using?Thank you again

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

Tina,

I would uninstall Netscape altogether and then delete all folders left after you uninstall it. Then reboot and start over again.

Netscape has been having a lot of problems since AOL brought them out. This will be the easiest and fastest way I know of fixing the problem.

Doing it this way will get rid of any corrupt files so you can have a clean install.

3. weebit

weebit Thread Starter

Rick,
    Thank you and I'll see if that does it..I'll get back to you in a few days..Thanks again
    Tina

4. jbcalg

jbcalg

remember to save any folders / move them for address books, mail etc you want to save and bring back once you get a clean install

5. weebit

weebit Thread Starter

Hi I deleted the netscape and I'm gonna download tomorrow.So what is the best browser to use?
    Tina

6. weebit

weebit Thread Starter

Thanks rick it worked ...but during the end when it was installing this came up:ins0432 caused an invalid page fault in module rsutil.dll is that anything to worry about?Thanks again...

I should of read from jbcalg first I didn't save anything..But thank you for telling me jbcalg I'll know for the next time I need to do this..

Thank you all again.
    Tina

7. rkselby98

rkselby98

I wouldn't worry about it. I checked MS knowledge base and couldn't find anything on it.

Unless you have a problem then you might want to post it here and we will help you with it.

8. weebit

weebit Thread Starter

Rick:
    Okay and thank you again...How about the browser?Is there any that is better than the rest?What do you use?
    Thank you
    Tina

9. rkselby98

rkselby98

The browser is user preference. I used to use Netscape all the time but then I started having so many problems with it I started using IE 5.5 and once I got used to it I like it.

Like I said whatever you like or get used to, they all have good points and bad points.

10. weebit

weebit Thread Starter

Rick;
    Okay Thanks again
    Tina

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice