Netscape Email program uninstalled... need old email and address book.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

oh-hush

My Great-Uncle has Windows 98se. He uses the newest Netscape and recently clean out his inbox using the Netscape email program. For one reason or another he had un-installed the email client and now he doesn't have any access to his emails or address book. I know nothing about Netscape because I haven't used it in like, years.

Is there anyway to obtain the emails or the address book from the Netscape email application after it is un-installed?

Thanks.

Did you try to reinstall netscape and then go in and transfer the old address book and emails? I did it once and then one time i deleted the profile and couldnt' get it to work. So i installed incredimail and when installing that it asked me if i wanted to download all emails on my pc and i said yes and it went back like six months worth of emails on my pc. Hope it helps.

oh-hush

Well, this isn't for my computer, my relatives. So.. are you saying if he re-installs it that it will pick-up the old account??

I don't use Netscape at all! So, where do would I direct my Uncle to, to get the email program only?

oh-hush

I'm not sure of all the information as to why he did it, or which way he uninstalled it, I'm guessing through the Add/Remove Programs feature. He had the newest version of Netscape though.

Well it would help to find out. If he used the add/remove then it is gone.
But if he used the Netscape Profile Manager then it may still be on his PC.
Have him look in C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles and if there are any folders and files there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online