1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

netscape mail problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by twitzid_klow, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twitzid_klow

twitzid_klow Thread Starter

everytime i click on get msgs in netscape mail this little box in the lower right hand corner comes up tellin me how many msgs i get now but wont give me the mail though........how can i fix this to give me my email?

2. hewee

hewee

I guess your using Netscape 6 or 7.
    I have never been able to click on it either.
    I have to up up top to the left and click get msgs.

Think that is for you if you keep the email program open and you get new email then it pops up to tell you that you have mail.

3. MNMike

MNMike

What version of Netscape are you using? Have you tried creating a new Profile? Do you have the same problem? Have you tried reinstalling Netscape? May just be a corrupt file.

Mike

4. hewee

hewee

I think it is only a pop up to let you know you have email.
    It does have what looks like a link you can click on put the pop up does not stay ip so you can click on it.

5. twitzid_klow

twitzid_klow Thread Starter

yeah ive tried it but still doesnt work but i have found somethin that does work but it is stupid.......first when the popup comes up tells me i then go into the properties and click secure connection click get msgs gives me the email but then it wont let me get any new mail whenever it comes and thats the only way to get the mail is by unclickin secure connection then clickin it to get the msgs......

6. MNMike

MNMike

Kind of a pain to get your mail that way. You didn't mention what version of Netscape you are using.

Mike

7. Sambrook

Sambrook

When you first open Netscape Mail, wait a few seconds and it will check to see if you have new messages. You will then get the popup on your lower right to let you know you have mail. Now click on Get Msgs (top left) to download your mail. If the Get Msgs button is grayed out, click someplace in your mail window and you will then be able to click on it.

Hope this helps. I wish Netscape 7 would automatically download my mail like previous versions did.

Sambrook

8. hewee

hewee

You can have Netscape 7 automatically download your email.
    But the email is it's own program with version 7 so you have to keep it open.

I like the way version 4 was also. Plus you even had the "Netscape Mail Notification" that you could keep by the clock even if netscape was closed down.

Guess if you have both versions you could use netscape 4 for your email and 7 for all else.

9. Sambrook

Sambrook

You can have Netscape 7 automatically download your email.
    But the email is it's own program with version 7 so you have to keep it open.

You can have Netscape 7 automatically download? How do you set it up?

Sambrook

10. hewee

hewee

Sambrook,

You have to open netscape 7, messager.
    Then go up to Edit and down to "mail and newsgroup account settings".
    Click on the "server setting" tab.
    Your see the box on the right you can check and the time for how often it checks for your email.
    Then ok your way out.

Now just Minimize Messager and it will go down by the clock if you have mail but if don't have new mail it goes down to the taskbar.

Dumb I know it should go by the clock no matter what. :rolleyes:

11. hewee

hewee

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice