1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Netscape mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by MarilynW, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MarilynW

MarilynW Thread Starter

Hi, I have been using Netscape mail for several years. About 6 months ago, I started having this on my mail account; I log in to my mail, and it says "You have 0 messages." If I click on "get messages",all of my new messages come up. How can I get the mail to say you have 10,12,14,etc. messages instead of 0.It's a very small irritation,but it is an irritation.Any suggestions? Marilyn

2. mobo

mobo

open the email window and click edit/ mail and newsgroup settings / server settings / and check the secon, third and forth boxes down.

3. hewee

hewee

The forth box leaves your email on the server. You may not want that and you would not be able to get to it or delete it with netscape so it just fills up on you.

But you can from some ISP's that have it setup to get your email online or you could use http://mail2web.com/ to get to it.

4. mobo

mobo

No that would be the fifth box.

5. hewee

hewee

Another look and I see your right.

hewee runs off to get some coffee. :p

Ok but the 4th one will just download any new email and I would not use that.
    I have MailWasher to check my email for spam and if you checked that box you would download all new email at the what set time you setup. Not a very good way to control spam Mobo.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice