1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Netscape User Profile

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JRSJ, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JRSJ

JRSJ Thread Starter

I can't get into Netscape because I can't get past the user profile screen. When I fill out the create new user, it tells me that it has my information from a previous installation & wants to know if it should use that information. It doesn't matter what I answer because I can't get Netscape either way. I keep getting the same create new user screen. How can I get rid of it and get into Netscape? Any help will be appreciated.

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Sounds like its corrupted... go to add / remove and remove it . Then go download it again after you have delete it all. Do a search for Netscape to make sure its gone before getting it again.

Savvy :)

3. JRSJ

JRSJ Thread Starter

Thank you for your advice to remove Netscape & reinstall it. I have already done that, but I did not check to be sure it was all gone. I will try that,

4. hewee

hewee

JRSJ,

Take a look here.

http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/index6.html

This is what you have here.
    "Profile Manager Prompts When Opening Browser"

http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/nsprofmgr.html#pmo

You don't need to delete your user folder.
    Go to start, programs, Netscape Communicator, Utilities, User Profile Manager.
    When you do this you will get two ways to delete a user from the User Profile Manager. One just takes it out of the manager and keeps your profile and the other deletes your profile.

Let us know how things work out

5. JRSJ

JRSJ Thread Starter

I tried the suggestion from hewee and it solved the problem.
    Thank you!

6. hewee

hewee

JRSJ,

Glad it worked and don't forget if you ever have more then one prifile you can just deleted it from the User Profile Manager without deleting the user profile. Then you can use the User Profile Manager to go back to that profile at anytime.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!