Netscape User Profile

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JRSJ

I can't get into Netscape because I can't get past the user profile screen. When I fill out the create new user, it tells me that it has my information from a previous installation & wants to know if it should use that information. It doesn't matter what I answer because I can't get Netscape either way. I keep getting the same create new user screen. How can I get rid of it and get into Netscape? Any help will be appreciated.

Sounds like its corrupted... go to add / remove and remove it . Then go download it again after you have delete it all. Do a search for Netscape to make sure its gone before getting it again.

Savvy :)

JRSJ

Thank you for your advice to remove Netscape & reinstall it. I have already done that, but I did not check to be sure it was all gone. I will try that,

JRSJ,

Take a look here.

http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/index6.html

This is what you have here.
"Profile Manager Prompts When Opening Browser"

http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/nsprofmgr.html#pmo

You don't need to delete your user folder.
Go to start, programs, Netscape Communicator, Utilities, User Profile Manager.
When you do this you will get two ways to delete a user from the User Profile Manager. One just takes it out of the manager and keeps your profile and the other deletes your profile.

Let us know how things work out

JRSJ

I tried the suggestion from hewee and it solved the problem.
Thank you!

JRSJ,

Glad it worked and don't forget if you ever have more then one prifile you can just deleted it from the User Profile Manager without deleting the user profile. Then you can use the User Profile Manager to go back to that profile at anytime.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online