1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Netscape Webmail Problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Steam, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Steam

Steam Thread Starter

HELP!

I have a user in my system that is using Netscape Webmail. (I Know what your thinking, but I live with it). When he tries to forward emails with attachments, he gets something like the following: Error 112 Unable to send email, please try again.

Anyone know what this is? Is it fixable? I need to find out so that I can tell him why it's not working.

Thanks

2. hewee

hewee

No but others are saying they can not forward email using Netscape Webmail.

http://forums.techguy.org/t222127.html

Can you forward email Without attachments?

They said they got (Reference #112) so I will have to find out if they was attaching email.

But it is not your PC but there site or server that not working or leting you do this.

3. Steam

Steam Thread Starter

Everything works fine except forwarding something like an html file or link. I can forward documents, pictures, send new mail. It might also be things like forwarded emails that he tries to forward on. It sees them as an attachment. This is "the boss" and what I really need is just to be able to say something like "Netscape doesn't allow that."

Thanks

4. hewee

hewee

OK boss just tell then they can't. :D

But lots of web base email accounts will miss up .html pages and links. Hot mail is really bad at that. Also hotmail you lose things if it gets forward so many times.
    I use Myway http://home.myway.com and they don't mess up your links like all the others do. But I have email html tru hotmail but I zip it up first and attach the zip. That keeps hotmail from screwing with the html and links.

5. Steam

Steam Thread Starter

Thanks. I figured it was something like that.

6. hewee

hewee

Your welcome. :)

7. Kerishina

Kerishina

I am having the same problem with all 3 of my email accounts with netscape. I get the reference #112 every time that I try to send an email, not just forwarding. I don't know what is wrong with it

8. hewee

hewee

Kerishina,

Is it also the WebMail?

If so it's has to be Netscape's webmail server and not your PC.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!