1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Netscape

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wlhansen, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wlhansen

wlhansen Thread Starter

I installed Netscape 7.1 and made a typing mistake in entering incoming mail address. Now I cannot change my preferences to correct this error. Uninstalling netscape and removing all references to netscape in the registry were ineffective. The preferences data is hiding somewhere in the registry but I don't know where.

2. mobo

mobo

Can you reload it on the system as it sits now ?

3. wlhansen

wlhansen Thread Starter

I can uninstall and re-install any number of times. Always comes up with the same preferences which I don't see a way to change.

4. mobo

mobo

Open the netscape mail program then click edit / mail & newsgroup account settings / click on server settings then try to change what is listed.

Do the same for outgoing server.

5. K7M

K7M

If that doesn't work you can create a new mail account and delete the old one.

6. hewee

hewee

Can you high light on the folder and then delete it?

I made a new folder for address and called it my backup address.
    I then had to Collected Addresses folder and delete each address but I high lighted the list and then clicked the Delete button and it worked.
    After I emailed a test email to my self and I did not get any new address in the Collected Addresses folder.

7. wlhansen

wlhansen Thread Starter

Solved my problem. I tried to make a donation but I get a message saying I can't be two things at the same time.

8. hewee

hewee

What did you do?

You have to use the same name, user name and email address you did when you signed up here.

Just what did it say?

9. mobo

mobo

Thank you for you generous donation, a good investment indeed and you will be blessed for it im sure.

10. hewee

hewee

Well it does say...

11. mobo

mobo

And he succeeded

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice