Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Netsh.exe keeps flashing on and off screen

839 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lunarlander 
#1 ·
I saw another post that mentioned this, but I don't see an answer. Anyway, the problem is that an executable file, netsh.exe, pops up on my screen in cascading dialog boxes. They do this rapidly and then fade off my screen. It seems to happen when I open some files, but not always. It doesn't seem to cause any problems, but it is annoying. It there any way to stop this or any reason why it keeps happening? Occasionally, the dialog box will have a line that says "this file is empty," but more often it is just a blank dialog box with netsh.exe on it. I would appreciate all the help I can get or have someone direct me to the proper place to put this or maybe an answer already posted. Thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210305184316.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400T CPU @ 1.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 6
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (441 GB Free); E: 465 GB (85 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP 8448, ver 1000, s/n PGVCP0A8JB0151
System: AMI, ver HPQOEM - 1072009, s/n 8CC8270GH8
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#3 ·
It appears to be random. For instance, I called up the weather.com site, and I got a blizzard of those dialog boxes with netsh.exe written across the top. So far, it is just a web page that sparks the dialog boxes. None of my word files or any computer-based game I play does it. Often, it occurs after I wake up the computer to begin use of it and click on any web page, be it news or Facebook or, as mentioned, the weather channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.