1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

netstat sez mediaplex is connected

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jmc, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmc

jmc Thread Starter

when I do a netstat command in a DOS prompt, the first thing that is shows is that UNKNOWN-86.mediaplex.com:HTTP is connected through port 2550, and is in a TIME_WAIT state. This cannot be good. I have ZoneAlarm up and running, but there were times recently when I've been diagnosing problems with the broadband connection, and ZA wasn't on.

I'm still learning, so I don't quite know what a TIME_WAIT is, or even how mediaplex made this connection, or what it means. At any rate, this connection is there, and I don't want it. How do I break this connection, and block mediaplex from connecting through that port?

What is port 2550's normal function?

2. Topkat

Topkat

Although I appreciate that you have moved your post to another forum, copying it and therefore creating a double post is not the way to do it. In future if you think a post needs to be moved ask an administrator and they will move it for you.

Any replies should be made at the other post:
    http://forums.techguy.org/t170821/s.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice