1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Netvista booting problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Austy, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Austy

Austy Thread Starter

I have a Netvista 8311 with XP that fails to boot. I get to IBM loading page, sometimes F1 and press F11 to restore. At that point the computer freezes and fans come on. I re boot fans are running with black screen.
    I purchased a tested matching motherboard off eBay. I installed it but DOA. Re installed
    old motherboard went back to the same problems.
    I also tried a different hard drive with Windows 98, blank.
    I do get a no operating system message, configuration problem and security timed out.
    I left the system unplugged for several days, removed battery. Made it to desktop before it froze again.
    Confused, is it a motherboard issue, built 2002 with a capacitor problem, faulty power supply, hard drive gone bad or software problem?
    Thanks for any help in this matter.

2. Austy

Austy Thread Starter

Copied boot floppy disc and started. Computer responds but within a minuet or so fans come on and computer freezes. Also installed another hard drive with Windows 95.
    I got to Windows 95 page then the fans come on and freezes. Power supply or capacitors?

3. new tech guy

new tech guy

If anything i would enter the BIOS setup if possible and try from there resetting it to factory config, install your norm hd on the laptop (the one you would use on it everyday as changing hds with different os's arent doing you good if they came from other systems). See if it boots after that. To me, sounds like the BIOS may be on the fritz. Have you tried anything to modify it lately such as update?

4. Austy

Austy Thread Starter

The last update was in 2004. I removed hard drive, card , floppy and cd tried to boot.
    Once again freezes after 45 seconds or so the fans are at high speed. Screen said video problem. Beeps change all the time from 1 indicating a short to 1 3 3 2 to a 1 3 3 and one long 3 short to multiple beeps. I now have a X 61 as a replacement for the 8311 but would like my Lotus notes. I believe you are correct BIOS is repeating a timed mistake.
    I will pull the battery and let it unwind for a few months.

5. new tech guy

new tech guy

Should not need to leave it out for months. There should be an option to reset the bios in its config. Is that accessible?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice