1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network a printer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Stoney27, Nov 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Stoney27

Stoney27 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have just changed NBN providers Now my network printer is not working any help would be appreciated.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hello Stoney27, and welcome to TSG.

If you switched to a different modem/router when you switched service providers, you will probably need to reconfigure the network settings on the printer. You probably need to remove the printer from your computer's list of available printers and then add it back in.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    To add to this; what printer do you have, and what computer OS are you running?

4. Stoney27

Stoney27 Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
    I have attached a diagram of my set up and operating system etc. to help solve my problems.
    Cheers
    Troy

Attached Files:

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If that printer has a static IP address it may well need to be changed (because the new router may be using a different IP subnet).

If that printer is getting a dynamic IP address the computers may be using an old address. You could go into the printer properties (on each computer) and check and change if necessary. Or, just delete the printer from a computer and reinstall it to see if that fixes.

Note that I've not added a whole lot to Chuck's post. I thought he was on the right track when I first read it, and after seeing your latest diagram and information believe it even more.

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Here is a link to the on-line manual for your c284e MFP that explains the IP address settings screens. That should allow you to figure out if the c284e is able to connect to the modem/router.

https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bi...-C284e-C224e/EN/contents/id08-_101379985.html

The speed of your connection between the house and shed will depend upon the specifications of the Ethernet over Powerline adapters and how well they are able to exchange data over your specific powerlines. The adapters' specifications are usually for a best-case scenario, but your powerlines may not support the full speed for one reason or another.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    On the desk computer (and assuming Windows OS) go to Command Prompt and type IPCONFIG and press enter.
    Then get the printer IP as shown by Chuck.

Then post back both IP address and Default Gateway information.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice