1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network access issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Obbeachlover, Oct 27, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Obbeachlover

Obbeachlover Thread Starter

Hope I get all the details first time around

I have a Lorex Home security camera system and when I am at home on the WiFi I’m able to view my cameras - I was able to also view them remotely away from home on the iPhone app until recently- now I get a circle of refreshing it’s not able to connect no matter how long I wait

I have spectrum cable & running speeds of 170-200 / 12-14 depending on time of day.
    I have a nighthawk modeum & router combo

we do have 6-7 devices running frequently but only the Lorex & 1 tv are on Ethernet the rest are wireless- how can I troubleshoot what is causing the issue.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    To confirm, you are not able to view the camera on the app while you are connected to the home wifi?

3. Obbeachlover

I am able to view the camera's at home on WiFi
    But when I'm not on WiFi I'm not able to connect - I get a failed to connect & it displays the IP address
    Almost like the connection isn't strong enough

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    OK, then it sounds like you need port forwarding set up because your modem is most likely blocking the connection.

Is the IP showing as 192.168.x.y or a different number?

5. Obbeachlover

Ok so even though it was working before I may need to reset it again?
    No the IP is 76.176.207.###

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    So either the computer is blocking the connection or the router. Do you have any internet security programs like Norton?

7. Obbeachlover

My firmware is out of date on the router - it looks like I may have dropped the port forward because of this - I will update that & see if it fixes the issue

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice