1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Access to documents and settings on xp pro

Discussion in 'Networking' started by stephenwebb90, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stephenwebb90

stephenwebb90 Thread Starter

I am currently running a laptop on vista home and i have just networke the same to my household computer. I am now wondering is it possible to aceess documents and settings over a network. I read somewhere by turning off simple file sharing I could access my document but no such luck! any help would be greatly needed!

2. Jscuzza

Jscuzza

3. stephenwebb90

stephenwebb90 Thread Starter

Cheers for the quick response. I wrote that message half asleep last night and didnt really include all that I should have.

I have read through the guide and have already done everything so far, Iam able to see my vista laptop on my XP Pro PC and have set to share drive C and all subfolders.

My issue is that when open documents and settings on my PC from my laptop over the network I cannot then go any further a access is denied. I have read that this is an inherent security feature in XP, but I am wondering if there are any ways around it.

Others have started similar threads but unfortunately I am at a loss!

Any help is also greatly appreciated!

4. anubis75

anubis75

If you set your laptop's and pc's login and password as the same thing it may help you to access the files you want

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/735823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice