1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network adapter conflict

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ShaolinD, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ShaolinD

ShaolinD Thread Starter

Evening peeps..
    This is a really really simple question and i should know it by now! but when you have a network adapter conflict, then it's just a case of using the control panel to remove the network adapter and rebooting the computer. See, it all started when a mate tried installing a BB modem on win 98 and had to do a reinstall of 98 (not a clean install i add) It went on fine, but now has the network adapter conflict, so disconnect the BB modem and remove any reference to it in the control panel, reinstall it and that should cure it. ( i hope!) Is this right?
    Cheers

2. dagiftolife@

[email protected]

It is definitly worht a shot to try that.

Another troubleshooting step you might want to take is to boot into safe mode and enter device manager in safe mode.
    once there open all fields and remove and duplicated devices that you see under any of the fields.

If you have done this and it doesnt work, try loading your bios to defaults.

IF this doesnt work then uninstall your network card and shut down computer. Put the card in a different slot and let windows 98 plug n play it for you.

-Matt

3. ShaolinD

ShaolinD Thread Starter

Funny thing is, there is no network card in the machine!! i think it is win98 detecting the BB modem as a network device, as it connects to the net via a LAN. i have the same modem and it creates a LAN connection. So hopefully the uninstall should work!

4. dagiftolife@

[email protected]

Yeah, the uninstall should work ; Hopefully.

Don't forget to download any updated drivers for the modem.

-Matt

P.S. Sorry about not paying attention to what you wrote in the 1st thread.

5. ShaolinD

ShaolinD Thread Starter

No worries, the BB comes with it's own installation CD so all the latest drivers are on there!
    Cheers

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice